The recommendation is you digitize a project miltimul times to give you a selection. Every design is different even with the same settings.
1. Select your project within Projects.
2. Press the "Digitize" button
3. Set the digitizing settings
Thread Set: The colors that the system can pick from.
Maximum Colors: The number of colors the system can select from a Thread Set.
Maximum Trims: The number of times a color can be cut.
For most photos the system defaults with a system thread set. This should produce good results.
4. Press "Start Digitizing"
- To make a custom tread set select New Thread Set in the main menu
- You can make a custom set with just you thread inventory
- This is used to limit the number of colors the system can use.
- Tip: Figure in the expense of more colors verses details. Sometimes it’s worth the extra colors and sometimes it doesn't make that big of a difference in the overall image.
- Minimum 1
- Maximum 35
- The maximum times a color can be cut.
- The system reduces cuts if it can.
- Like maximum colors, allowing more cuts can increase the quality; however, more cuts take more time.
- If your image has lots of islands of color, like a polka dot dress, you may need to increase the number of cuts.
- WIth some images, you may be able to decrease the cuts and get good results.
- Minimum 1
- Maximum 50